Monday, April 18, 2011

The First Post

First of all, I think "blog" is a weird word. Just wanted to get that out there... 
–noun
1. a web site containing the writer's or group of writers' own experiences, observations, opinions, etc., and often having images and links to other Web sites.


Second, I think blogs make me nervous... and I'm not really sure how this works. It's taken me entirely way too long to figure out how all this goes, my friend Danielle helped me by telling me a place to get a back ground, I didn't even know blogs could have backgrounds (yes, I do realize that's slightly lame).


Okay, I feel like I'm getting a little off track... My blog name, is referring to my love of traveling, and love of being a girl, and not just a girl, but a very feminine girl. I am planning a trip back overseas for this coming August, and I have never backpacked through Europe (although I lived in Switzerland for a year, I always stayed in hotels). I've never really "roughed" it. So, as I was looking online for tips for traveling ladies... there wasn't much out there, except for some people making fun of "girlie" travelers... and I thought it was ridiculous! There is no reason women can't travel comfortably and practically while still retaining their femininity. That's what I'm going to try and find, and put on here... But I might post everything in between as well...


Today was a good day and I'm glad good friends Amy, Danielle, Rachel, and Angela encouraged me to do this, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I think it will be fun! 
Another reason why it was a good day: I was able to tell off a bully park ranger at the park today!  He was being a complete Nazi about me waiting in my car to pick up the girl I nanny... so I ignored him... not in a defiant anarchist way, but in a subtle "we're grownups and you can't bully me" kind of way... I feel a little bad now, maybe he was just having a bad day?













1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! i LOVE this. mine is owenkrid.blogspot.com if you want to read---i'm so excited for the future of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete