Friday, July 8, 2011

It's been a while

I realize that I'm pretty much the worst blogger ever... I was afraid I would be.. but, seeing as no one really reads my blog, I figure it's okay.
The reason it's been so long is that I thought my trip to Europe wasn't going to happen. I was originally going with a roommate from college. She's a nurse now and has a pretty busy schedule. She's trying to figure out where she's going to be at the end of July and it just didn't make sense to be planning a back packing trip around Europe. So, my plans were dashed for a little while. I was thinking of other things I could do at the end of the summer. I thought about going up to Canada to visit my friend Grace, going on an Alaskan cruise by myself and just taking a ton of books with me and having a massage everyday. But, while I was talking to my Canadian, she said she would like to go back to Europe as well (you see, that's where we met). So, about three weeks ago I bought a round trip ticket to Zurich.
My plans of having everything planned out perfectly for my European adventures have gone down the drain. I do not have a backpack, or a place to stay in Europe. My financial situation has changed drastically. But, according to my mother, now is the time to live, I may not have money, but I have life, so I'll use it.
In 25 days I take a plane to Zurich. No plans, that's all I have for now. And I'm happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment